SEARCH THE BLOG

Dec 14, 2011

Oh, Christmas Tree!

I haven't been able to get many pictures of our Christmas tree that I'm happy with - other than some bokeh ones that often aren't intentional - so I've been holding off on a tree post.  But I gave it another try tonight.


Some of my favourite ornaments:

We've got a "turtle"


and a "tail"


pinecones and burlap


and a little red wagon


This is the star of the show though.  You can turn the tree lights on and off just by touching the bell - you don't have to be messing with plugging and unplugging the cord.  There are even 4 brightness settings depending on how much light you want.  Love.


And a final up-skirt shot.


So that's all well and good, but what I'm really crushing on is our Charlie Brown tree in the basement TV room.

When we were at my father-in-law's property collecting branches for the wreaths and mantel, I found an entire pine tree that had fallen down, and the top of it was a perfect little Christmas tree.  So I hacked it off and dragged it home.

The fun part was figuring out how to get it to stay upright without a stand.  Top third of a plastic water bottle + small jam jar (for water) + larger vase filled with sand = makeshift tree stand.  I'll give Tom credit for coming up with that one.

What do you think of our little guy?


Since there were so few branches available it took mere minutes to decorate.  Just some pinecones, toy drums, a string of lights, and a bow on top.  Plus a skirt made of burlap.  We also added two ornaments that are brand new this year.  One is a minature milk jug, and the other is a little tree made of branch slices.  Both so cute.




And this was my helper for the day.  


Trust me, she begged to wear the hat.  

Later she let me try out lighting patterns on her.  


So patient.  So Zen. 

So easy to bribe with a potato chip.

~~~~~~

Linking up to these parties (and check out the Holiday parties to the right)

34 comments:

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you!

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you so much!

BarbSteadman said...

Thanks!

BarbSteadman said...

Thanks!

BarbSteadman said...

Yeah, she's my angel.

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you!

Cathy@My 1929 Charmer said...

Love both your trees, and your ornaments are really different and cute.  Your little helper is so cute, patient and endearing.  What a help she was in bringing some holiday cheer. Thanks for sharing over at Sunday's Best and happy holidays!

Flyingfishlips said...

your pups are adorable (and patient). So nice to meet a fellow Ontarian:)

Thanks for following along, otherwise I never would have found your blog. Happy to follow you too.

Olga@Stardust-Decor&Style said...

Nice tree! Cute doggy! So funny with the lights on! Thanks for following along!
Love, Olga

UndertheBigOakTree said...

I can't decide what I love more...your cute little tree with the burlap tree skirt or the cute doggie with the elf hat!  I also love that she let you string some lights around her!  Great post! 

Rose and Heather said...

Oh my, how fun.  The puppy is the show stealer. 
Thanks for linking up today at  http://sewstylishboutique.blogspot.com/ 
Rose and Heather

SJB said...

Hi, I am your new follower via Mingle with us (Blog Hop).

http://www.sjb-myphotopage.com/

Rah1515 said...

Love the puppy pictures!

I'm a new follower here from the blog hop!  Come over @ thiscrazyblessedlife.blogspot.com and visit me!

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you! She is a cutie isn't she? :-)

the cape on the corner said...

oh my gosh, ca-utest dog pictures!

BarbSteadman said...

I will come visit!

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you!

BarbSteadman said...

Hi! Nice to meet you.

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you!

Icouldsomakethat said...

OMG - the pics of your dog are too precious!  I have been putting off Christmas pics of my 5-month-old weimaraner, but will definitely see how she handles lights...  Wish me luck!
Love you blog.  Will definitely stop by again :)
-Aimee (ICouldSoMakeThat.com)

SueSullivan said...

Tee Hee....  ♥ that Charlie Brown tree!!   It's always fun to have our pets join in on the holiday decorating!  Your guy better have gotten at least a handful of chips.  :-)   Visiting from 5 Days tree party.

BarbSteadman said...

Yeah, she got quit a few!

BarbSteadman said...

Yes, cheese would have been a winner too!

beberouge said...

beautiful trees, I couldn't resist clicking your link from a vision to remember, who can resist a gorgeous doggy all dressed up for Christmas. So so cute. xx

BarbSteadman said...

Oh, I'd like to see them!

Maria said...

barb, your tree is gorgeous!! both of them.  i loved all the photos of your ornaments.  they are all so unique.  the red wagon brought back memories of my christmas tree as a child.  we had one just like that.  your pup is beautiful! omygoodness, the lights are so adorable on her!!
and those cookies you made...YUM!!
i will be visiting often! i love your blog! <3
lots of love xoxo
maria

Karen said...

I'm swooning over the Charlie Brown tree! And your dog...!  What an adorable dog 
:-)

pc lim said...

Definitely pinning these fabulous ideas

Tanya@TakeSix said...

Great pictures!!  I especially love the one of the lights wound around your dog!! Too cute!  Merry Christmas!

Amy said...

Lol...love the pictures, especially of your lighted up "helper!"  Your tree is beautiful, and I want a Charlie Brown one now too!  Thanks for sharing at Shine On Fridays!!

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you for hosting!

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you!

Jessica said...

Awwww... such a cutie!  I was able to bribe my little guy for reindeer photos with cheese!  I never even thought to put lights on him, but I will now!

Makinglemonadeblog said...

Oh your little helper is so adorable, and patient.  You took some great tree shots, wish my photos came out as well!

Thanks for linking to Refresh Your Nest Friday, hope you join us again tomorrow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...