SEARCH THE BLOG

Mar 9, 2012

Tag, You're It!

Caroline at Double the Decor tagged me in a fun little blog Q&A.  Go over and check out what Hannah & Caroline are up to - I zeroed in on the no-sew pillows and the mason jar sundae (oh my!).  And reading Caroline's "about me" - I think she might be MY twin.  Animal rescue. Used books and thrift stores. Spreadsheets.  I love this girl.

So here are the questions I was asked.  Read to the end to find out who I tagged next and the questions they have to answer.

1. What is in your purse right now?
Thank goodness I de-cluttered it last night!  I have my wallet, a spiral notepad to keep track of ideas, pens, keys for my office at work, two lip balms (one in each pocket - no need to search), a flash drive, and a Tootsie Pop.  That thing has been in there forever but you never know when you might need some sugar.

2. What is the one room you dread to clean in your home?
Definitely the kitchen.  Washing dishes doesn't really bother me, but for some reason I hate loading/unloading the dishwasher, wiping the counters, sweeping the floor, emptying the garbage. I'm so glad that it's the one room Tom is willing to clean.  Now if I could just get him interested in cleaning the bathrooms...

3. Where do you draw your inspiration from in your home decor?
I like clean, simple decorating.  You won't find my tables and shelves covered in knick-knacks.  I'm always picking out things from other blogs that I'd like to incorporate into our house.  And I'm drawn to nature.  I'm not saying I'm an outdoorsy person, I just love the look of anything rustic inside the house. I'll take natural wood over paint any day.

4. What is your favorite holiday and why?
That's a tough one.  I love decorating for Christmas. And wrapping presents. I spend a lot of time finding the perfect gift and then making the wrapping a piece of art.  But I'm a quiet, sometimes shy person, so I find the get-togethers a bit overwhelming after a while. We have a holiday here in Ontario in August called Civic Holiday and I like that one because it's close to my wedding anniversary.

5. What are your go-to beauty products that you swear by?
I just started using Biotherm Age Fitness 2 moisturizer a couple of months ago thanks to a recommendation by Donna at Funky Junk Interiors, and I can't believe how soft my skin feels.  I don't really have wrinkles (yeah, you can hate me) but my skin has never been smooth. Now it is.  I am a hair conditioner junkie - there are always 3 or 4 bottles in the shower at any time.  I'm not really loyal to any one brand though.  And I don't want to imagine life without my hair dryer, round brush, and flat iron.

 
6. What would you consider your dream job?
Dog rescue.  I wish we had the space and the money.  No matter what they've been through, dogs just want to be with you and be loved.  I would rather spend time with dogs than with people sometimes. My favourite saying is, "Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are."



7. What is one blog you read regularly and why?
I read so many blogs every day - how can I choose just one? I read Nom Nom Paleo first thing every morning.  Michelle has terrific recipes, I love her humour, and her photography skills are to die for. I started following the Paleo diet last September and I'm loving it. I've lost 25 pounds and I feel terrific.  I also read Bower Power every day - Katie is just the funniest, sweetest girl out there.  There's also Imperfectly Polished.  Jessie's projects always turn out so beautifully. And Young House Love of course.  Who doesn't read that one, right?

8. What are some things you do to treat yourself?
Ummmm....I don't know.  I wouldn't say I'm selfless, but I don't really pamper myself either.  I consider shopping at Goodwill or Michaels a  treat.  I do go to my favourite RMT for a massage occasionally.  She's really hard on you but it feels amazing.

9. Who is your celebrity crush?
Ryan Reynolds definitely.  It doesn't hurt that he's Canadian.  And funny.  And intelligent.  And sort of good looking.  I'll admit that I'll watch Blade 3 whenever it's on just for his muscles.

(Is it sad that this is one of the first pictures I ever pinned?)


10. What is one store you go to and almost never come out empty handed?
Probably the dollar store.  Or Goodwill.  Are you getting the feeling that I'm a cheap date?

11. What is your favorite blog post you have written and why?
My pinecone map ornament.  It was my first real "craft".  And it was made from maps of Hawaii - our favourite vacation spot - so it has special meaning.  Plus the popularity of that post was explosive.  It has had 5 times the views of any other post. It's nice to make something you love that appeals to so many other people too.



There you have it!  All about me.

I've tagged the following blogs to answer some questions too!  Looking forward to the answers!

Elle at Elle-oh-vee
Hilary at Measure Once, Cut Twice
Megan & Amy at Our Pinteresting Family
Janny at Que Linda
Ashley at Rustic Living

Questions:
  1. What is your funniest vacation experience?
  2. If you could have a super-power, what would it be?
  3. Do you speak any other languages?  If not what other language do you wish you knew?
  4. What is your morning routine?
  5. If you had an entire day to yourself, how would you spend it?
  6. What are your two biggest pet peeves?
  7. Are you laid back or high energy?
  8. What was your first job?
  9. What movie are you embarrassed to admit that you love?
  10. What's your favourite decorating tip?
  11. Did you make a New Years resolution? Have you kept it?

**If you were tagged:
  • answer the questions above
  • create 11 new questions  (or use the same ones)
  • tag 5-10 other blogs and link to them in your post
  • let them know you've tagged them
  • have fun!

5 comments:

BarbSteadman said...

It was fun - thanks for choosing me!

Megan said...

Thanks for tagging me, Barb. I will get this done asap..sorry I've been so slow to complete it.  :) Megan

BarbSteadman said...

There's no rush - it's all for fun. Looking forward to your answers!

Janny said...

This looks like it's going to be fun!  Thanks for tagging me, Barb!

Caroline said...

Thanks for participating in the tag game!  I think you are my other twin!  I could eat your dogs right up!  Love how they are featured on the collar shop (adorable preppy collars that you picked out btw!).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...