SEARCH THE BLOG

Mar 7, 2012

Under-Stair Storage

We were pretty lucky to purchase a house with a fully-finished basement.  Not many in our neighbourhood are.  While our tastes don't match those of the previous owners (full wet bar, pool table taking up entire main open area), I have to admit that they did excellent work. 

There is a smaller open area at the bottom of the stairs that they used for a playroom.  They had an old schoolhouse chalkboard and storage cubes along the walls.  We'd like to take the storage one step further and have built-in shelving under the stairs. 

Currently the area looks like this:


A pretty good blank slate to start with.  I didn't take a picture of the closet under the stairs but it looks something like this (though full of paint cans, luggage, and rolled up area rugs).

source unknown

I'm picturing doing something like this. 


 Unfortunately, I think Tom is picturing something more like this.  



I'm hoping for fewer coolers and sleeping bags,
and more knick-knacks and pretty wicker baskets.

Like this:


And this:


And this:


And this:



Do you think that if I post enough pictures I'll convince him? :-)


4 comments:

Megan said...

That would look fantastic! Megan

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you!

Erin @ His & Hers said...

haha husbands and their man storage. Your inspiration pics are gorgeous! Gotta love finding a new place to store stuff, right?

Thanks for following my blog! I'm glad to have you along! :) (Your pinecone ornament is adorable--I see that pop up everywhere! How cool!)

BarbSteadman said...

I can't believe he actually liked one of the other pictures. It's a miracle!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...