One of my gluing stuff to other stuff projects involved vases. I've been wanting to try this effect for a long time and spur-of-the-moment gave it a go.
All you need is a clear candle holder or vase of some kind, and acrylic paint.
I poured some navy paint into the glass and swirled it
around to cover the entire inside surface.
It looks kind of cool at this midpoint. Maybe I'll stop here next time.
Once the inside was covered, I poured the excess paint back into the bottle.
Ta-da! A vase!
I then repeated the same steps with a new glass and some slate green paint.
I left them to dry for a few days. If you're planning on putting water in the vase you'll want to spray the inside of the glass (once it's dry) with a sealer.
But I wasn't done. Oh no, there's more. I then took my hot glue gun and glued a thick sisal rope onto the base. I started in the center of the bottom and spiraled the rope outwards, gluing as I went.
And up the sides about two inches. Make sure you end the rope at the same point as it left the bottom and started up the side so that your rope looks level.
We went grocery shopping the next day and I picked up some yellow tulips.
I love tulips so much. And the yellow is a striking contrast to the navy blue and slate green. Plus the rope gives it a slightly nautical look.
It's spring y'all!
I'm linking to these parties this week!