SEARCH THE BLOG

Sep 26, 2012

Warm-Me-Up Meals

As the weather gets colder I thought it might be time for some feel good recipes. I found some of my favourites on the internet to share with you. I haven't made every one shown here, but I chose dishes that were simple and yet good tasting. Things I wouldn't be afraid to try myself. Click on any of the pictures to go directly to the recipe.



I make pork roasts and pork loins regularly. Sometimes, when I'm feeling lazy I'll throw one in the slow cooker instead of the oven. But even in the oven, this is foolproof (just don't overcook!)

Pork Roast w/Onions and Apples - Turtles and Tails
Pork Roast with Onions and Apples



I make this one a lot. Just this week I made a close relative - hamburger soup. It's so good - better than chili. And again, you could make it in the slow cooker if you wanted to.

Taco Soup - Turtles and Tails
Taco Soup



This I haven't tried but it seems easy and looks amazing. Ritz crackers or panko crumbs for the coating, plus cheese, cream of chicken soup, and sour cream. What's not to love?

Baked Crispy Chicken - www.turtlesandtails.blogspot.com
Baked Crispy Chicken


Mini pot pies! Made with refrigerated biscuit dough. These would be nice to have on a night when you've worked late, you're tired, and you just want to eat, now.

Chicken Pot Pie Muffins - www.turtlesandtails.blogspot.com
Chicken Pot Pie Muffins


I've had this recipe on my Pinterest recipe board for 21 weeks (I checked.) Now is the perfect time to give it a go. And in single serving cups they would be fantastic for a party or a family dinner. Maybe at Thanksgiving?

Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle - www.turtlesandtails.blogspot.com
Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle


All of these look so good, I can't wait to get started. I'm on vacation next week (staying home refinishing the kitchen cupboards), but I think I might have to fit some cooking into the schedule.


2 comments:

TasteofAugust said...

These look yummy! I might try the chicken pot pie muffins one day! thanks for sharing!

BarbSteadman said...

I'm looking forward to trying those ones too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...