SEARCH THE BLOG

Sep 10, 2012

Twine Tweak

I'm in my craft room last night, doing my thing, Tom is in his tv room doing his thing (watching bad B movies), when I suddenly yell out, "Oh my God, no!" Tom comes running thinking the dogs have wrecked something. What could be so terrible? I tell him that Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively got married this weekend. His response? "Babe, I don't think you're going to get a chance. At this rate you'll end up wife #12."

At least someone understands. Such a good husband. And on his birthday too. Okay, technically his birthday was 3 weeks ago but we finally got around to going out for dinner last night to celebrate. And I was so busy talking (shocking I know) I didn't even notice that he paid the bill. Happy birthday, honey.

Okay, what was I doing when I received this devastating news? Why I was wrapping the rungs of my newly vintage (oxymoron? check.) stool with jute twine. If you remember, I took an old office stool, painted it a pale yellow, and applied a freezer paper transfer to the top.


It was pretty, but I felt it needed more. It was calling out for an improvement. And what doesn't twine improve? Have a boring picture frame? Wrap it in twine. Need unconventional ribbon for a gift? Twine's your guy. Run out of dental floss? Grab the...okay that might be going too far.

But it definitely improved my stool. I'm all about the rustic and that's how it looks now. More homey-country, with a french twist.


All you do is apply a dot of hot glue where the rung meets the leg, press the end of the twine into the glue, and then start wrapping it tightly around the rung. When you get to the end, add another dot of glue and press the twine into it. I then use nail clippers to get in close and cut the twine.


If you'd like more detailed instructions or some pictures of the process check out my tutorial for updating kitchen chairs.

So how about some eye candy? (And not the Ryan Reynolds kind because he is in the dog house right now.)


I even added some pumpkins to give it some fall flair.



Do you think it's an improvement? Have you ever finished a project and then gone back weeks later to give it a tweak? Were you happy that you did?

~~~~~~

I'm linking up here this week!


26 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh, I had the same response to Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively when I read the news. Too funny! Love the stool update!

Crystelle Boutique said...

The yellow is so cheerful!
The print is awesome,
and the twine is SUBLIME!!!!
The perfect finishing touch! You are so talented!
Good eye for detail!

suzan said...

What a gorgeous stool - the twine was the perfect addition!

Cleverblonde said...

That is a.mazing. You are clever and patient. I totally understand hubby paying for dinner he must be sooo glad he got such an amazing clever and thrifty wife! The stool the best twine twing.

Joanne Mudd said...

Love it! Oh ya, I'm changing things on a regular basis and Frank keeps telling me to leave it alone!

Stacey said...

That is an adorable stool! I love the yellow and the twine - what s perfect combination! Thanks fir linking up this week!
Stacey of Embracing Change

Bobi Jensen said...

Wow, what a cool idea. I love the texture it adds.

I started my very first "Weekend Warmth" Linky party...and there are no rules. Please join in!
http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com/2012/09/weekend-warmth.html

Alecia said...

I loved it before but I like it even more now! My goal in life is to wrap things in twine. Thanks for sharing at What's Clucking this week!

Amie @ Pinkapotamus said...

I loved it before.. but now I love it even more! Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!
xoxo
Amie @ Pinkapotamus

Hani Shabbir said...

Love your makeover. The color and twine look amazing. I am pinning this!

Lauren @All Things Homie said...

The twine looks great, it really ties in the top of the stool. Thanks for linking up to Stop, Look, Link!

Lauren said...

Love the twine on the stool! Thank you for sharing at our Pinteresting Party!

Mom On Timeout said...

Love the twine! Definitely an improvement although I loved it before too :) Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you!

BarbSteadman said...

Thanks!

BarbSteadman said...

Thanks Lauren!

BarbSteadman said...

Thanks!

BarbSteadman said...

Thanks Amie!

BarbSteadman said...

But that's MY goal!

BarbSteadman said...

I think Tom's given up on me!

BarbSteadman said...

Aww, thanks!

BarbSteadman said...

Thanks!

BarbSteadman said...

Ha! Thanks!

polkadotpretties said...

Thank you for linking up @ craft, create and inspire last weekend, your project is featured this week..

Hope you will join us this week :)

Claire x

Katie_MyDarlingDays said...

This is beyond adorable!!

BarbSteadman said...

Thanks Claire!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...