SEARCH THE BLOG

Dec 16, 2011

Cookies & Brownies & Squares, Oh My!

I got a little baking done this week.  First I whipped up a batch of my "famous" chocolate scotcheroos (recipe here).  I swear these are no-fail.  And I've never met anyone who didn't like them. If you need a quick crowd pleaser - this is your guy.




I also tried some chocolate-dipped sugar cookies.  I'll confess - this is the second batch.  They started out as shortbread but I ran out of butter.  And since I do all my baking at 10 o'clock at night (don't you?) I wasn't going to run out to the store for more.


I added some cocoa to the batter, and I found that it really cut down on the sweetness of the cookie as a whole.  I wasn't expecting that.  Not a bad thing considering how sweet the frosting/icing/dip/I-don't-know-what-it's-called is.

I dipped them in melted chocolate - green of course - with a few drops of peppermint extract added.  I don't think I'll be opening a bakery any time soon (unless it's a scotcheroos bakery) but I'm kind of proud of my little trees.


Tom also got in on the baking fun.  His specialty is brownies.  His brownies are also the reason why there wasn't enough butter left.  Thanks dude.


They are chocolate-banana-mint brownies with buttercream frosting.  That's right, Tom has never met a flavouring he didn't like.  If one is good, why not three?  But these are pretty fantastic.

Our house is now full of baked goods.  Our flour-free, sugar-free, trying-to-be-Paleo house.  Not good. Not good at all.


Note to the dogs: When you see me leaving with plate after plate of food, I'm not sneaking off to eat it without you - I'm just taking pictures.
Honest.




~~~~~~~~~~

Linking up to these great baking parties!

21 comments:

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you!

BarbSteadman said...

You need just a bit of mint but quite a lot of banana. It's not a strong flavour.

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you! I took A LOT of pictures to get those ones!

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you!

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you!

BarbSteadman said...

Definitely try them!

BarbSteadman said...

Thanks!

Theartsygirlconnection said...

These are SOOO creative and look AMAZING.. : )) Would LOOOVE for you to please share it via my Pin'Inspirational Thursday Linky party happening tonight if you have a moment.. *SO PIN WORTHY!!* LOVE it.. Thanks in advance.. Wishing you an AMAZING start to your Holidays.. Merry Christmas..  Cheers. xoxo.. M..
http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/12/pininspirational-thursday-13-linky.html

Jann Olson said...

YUM!  It all looks so darn tasty.  I make bars that look just like your Scotaroos.  I call them Merrill bars.  Could it be because the guy who gave me the recipe's name was Merrill?  YUP, that would be it.  Too funny don't you think?  Happy Christmas baking to you!

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you! They are a little too good!

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Yummy! These look amazing :)

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Blissful_and_domestic said...

Oh man you have me wanting to bake! I love all your treats! Thanks so much for linking up and sharing at my Feature Friday Linky Party!

Danielle @ Blissful & Domestic
http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/

Sarah Kate said...

Those scotcheroos look amazing!!! I'm about to go bookmark the recipe!! Thanks for the idea!!! :o)

Icantstopcrafting said...

Oh my, it all looks absolutely decadent!  Thanks for linking up!  ~Jen @ www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

Heather {The Lovely Cupboard} said...

I love how you iced the trees! Thanks for linking up today.

Lauren @ Summit St Joy said...

wowee.. these all look incredible!!! thanks SO much for following Summit St Joy, by the way!!! :) 

Hatingmartha said...

look at you...a baking machine! These look great and your pictures...oh sigh, I just can't seem to get good pictures. Your's are great! Thanks for following Hating Martha and linking up! I am glad to do the same!

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you!

Jdaniel4smom said...

What a wonderful array of treats!

I hope you will link this post to my Christmas Traditions Link Up in the Recipes category. It starts tomorrow!

MC Simard said...

I'm very curious about this chocolate-banana-mint brownie idea, sounds like fun. I also do my baking in the middle of the night, there just aren't enough hours in the day.

marilyn said...

This post is awesome! MMMMMM I'm going to eat my monitor! Thanks for sharing on the homemade holiday party.

Marilyn

4you-withlove.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...