SEARCH THE BLOG

Dec 6, 2011

Jingle Bell Ornament

I made a simple little sheet music ornament.

Sheet Music Mod Podge Ornament - Turtles and Tails blog

I bought a couple of music books from a used book store and one song happened to be "Jingle Bells".  Appropriate, right?


To make the ornament, first I inserted a loop of ribbon into the top of a styrofoam ball the same as with my pinecone map ornament.  You just make a hole in the ball with scissors, make a ribbon loop and tie the end with a knot, drop some glue into the hole and push the ribbon knot firmly into the hole.


I cut the sheet music up into approximately 2 inches strips and mod podged them onto the ball in a random pattern.  Make sure you go right up to the ribbon loop.




After it has dried, spray it with a sealer to make it shine and seal it (duh) from moisture.  I tied a bow to the top to finish it off.  Next time I think I'll tea-stain the paper before I glue it on to give it a more antique look.

Sheet Music Mod Podge Ornament - Turtles and Tails blog

Sheet Music Mod Podge Ornament - Turtles and Tails blog

Sheet Music Mod Podge Ornament - Turtles and Tails blog

Sheet Music Mod Podge Ornament - Turtles and Tails blog

~~~~~~~~~~

Linking up here this week!

32 comments:

Hortonwhos said...

Love these, gonna try and make them!

Pam @ diy Design Fanatic said...

Love it! So simple and pretty!

Tracie Fish said...

oh, i love this! i too want to try this...xoox, tracie

Fishtail Cottage said...

http://fishtailcottage.blogspot.com/

BarbSteadman said...

I'd love to see what you come up with!

BarbSteadman said...

Let me know if you do - I'd love to see it!

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you!

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you!

Sylvia said...

This is a prefect idea . We are working on a similar project with my son , actualy , I am working ...and I hope our ornaments will be ready soon . Love your jingle bell ball !
Enjoy a warm and gentle season !

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you!

BarbSteadman said...

Let me know how it goes!

BarbSteadman said...

I'd love to see how they turn out!

BarbSteadman said...

Thanks!

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you!

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you, I will!

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you!

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you!

BarbSteadman said...

Thanks!

bwntw said...

Very cute!! I love this idea! Visiting from Toys in the Dryer. Great craft!

BarbSteadman said...

Thanks! Crazy how much stores charge, isn't it?

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you for featuring me!

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Barb, this is simply elegant and beautiful! Thanks SO much for sharing it at the Winter Wonderland Party over at I Gotta Create!!

Melody said...

Adorable!
Melody
chattychics.com

michelle said...

Is this your music that is playing?

Rose Clearfield said...

Cute idea!

Trishabaker said...

Very pretty!

Blissful_and_domestic said...

I just made some of these. They are so fun and simple to make! I'd love for you to link up to my Feature Friday linky party.

http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/search/label/feature%20friday

Lauren said...

LOVE!

Mary @ Redo 101 said...

Love it - and so easy - I want to try this! Thanks for sharing, I saw your link at Show and Tell Saturday.

Coastal Charm said...

Looks great and sooo very thrifty...thank you for sharing it at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY party.

Blessings,
Linda

Ashley said...

Such a great idea! I love this so much I featured it on my blog today, check it out! http://itsrusticliving.blogspot.com/2011/12/thrifty-thursday.html

Kei said...

That looks lovely! Hopefully I'll be able to try it out! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...