SEARCH THE BLOG

Jan 2, 2012

Coconut Beef Stew

Ready for a super-quick, super-easy recipe?

On December 31st I put together a new-to-me stew
that is fantastic.  Yeah, that's right, I'm braggin'.

I started with ground beef and chopped mushrooms
(in quarters) dumped into the slow cooker. 


I cooked that on high until the beef was cooked through
and then poured off the excess fat. 
I then added in diced onions, peppers, and celery.
I sprinkled a heavy dose of peppersteak seasoning on top
and left it to cook again. 


Once everything was thoroughly cooked
I added most of a can of coconut milk. 


I also added some garlic and some more peppersteak
seasoning 'cause I like it hot. 
It really doesn't need to be cooked anymore,
mostly the milk just needs to heat.


And there you have it.  Wasn't that simple? 
 The coconut milk gives it such a subtle sweetness
that is the perfect complement to the heat of the spices.
I might break the ground beef up into smaller chunks
next time, but for a first try they weren't that bad as is. 

Before I put the excess away I added another dollop
of coconut milk and a sprinkle of shredded coconut. 


You think I'm crazy, right?  It was so good though! 
Here it is reheated with the additional ingredients. 


The coconut milk gives just the right consistency
- not too watery, not too thick. 

I asked Tom what I should call it and he said, "Nom!" 

I think we have a winner.

~~~~~~~

I'm linking to these parties this week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...