SEARCH THE BLOG

Oct 9, 2013

Vivian Forest (Autumn is Here)

I have some vacation time to be used up so I booked this week off from work. While I should be working on projects around the house (and I have, a bit), I've mostly just been hanging out with the dogs. Today was such a beautiful day that we couldn't stay inside, so I took them for a hike in York Regional Forest (aka Vivian Forest). This is the same forest I scavenged the branches from for my "wall tree" last year.

We weren't disappointed. Well, the dogs are never disappointed to go there, but I was even happier to see that the leaves have all changed colour and started to fall from the trees. They blanketed the paths, muffling our footsteps, and because it was the middle of the day and deserted, it was like we were the only ones left on the planet.

I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.

Vivian Forest - Oct 9

Vivian Forest - Oct 9

Vivian Forest - Oct 9

Vivian Forest - Oct 9

Vivian Forest - Oct 9

Vivian Forest - Oct 9

(Out of focus, but the joy still comes through.)
Vivian Forest - Oct 9

Vivian Forest - Oct 9

Vivian Forest - Oct 9



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...