SEARCH THE BLOG

Dec 11, 2015

Christmas Baking Test Kitchen

Both my workplace and Tom's are having Christmas potluck lunches next week, so this weekend is going to be spent testing out some new recipes. I'm wavering between appetizers and squares (maybe both!) because there are always more than enough main dishes at these functions. Today I thought I'd share my favourites with you. If you have some tried and true recipes to share yourself, please do so in the comments - I'm open to anything!


These are white chocolate chip cranberry cookies from Sally's Baking Addiction. I think I might have all of the ingredients already. They seem pretty simple as well. Do you put dried cranberries in everything like I do?

white chocolate chip cranberry cookies


The fancy truffle squares below are from Style at Home. I get emails from them every day (usually when I'm at work and hungry) and then I want to make everything. I like the extra touch of adding a ginger, sugared thyme, or orange marmalade garnish to the top.

truffle squares


These are Irish Cream chocolate brownies from Nicole at Wonky Wonderful. Irish Cream whiskey in the brownie and in the frosting. I think a trip to the liquor store is in my future.

Irish Cream chocolate brownies


These might be my first choice if they turn out in testing. They're chorizo asiago puffs from Style at Home again. I've had a package of puff pastry in the freezer for months just waiting for the perfect recipe. What are the chances they'll turn out this pretty?

chorizo asiago puffs


This recipe looks simple and borders on being a main dish. They're crescent roll sausage bites from The Kitchen is My Playground. They appeal to my love of down-home cooking. This is feel-good food.

crescent roll sausage bites


And I'm throwing in one salad. My friend Megan makes this all the time and it is amazing. I could deal with amazing, I think. ;-) There is a whole lot going on here, but you can just call it butternut squash and cranberry quinoa salad. The recipe is from Little Broken (I don't know if Megan uses this one but it's close.)

butternut squash and cranberry quinoa salad


So what do you think? Do I stand a chance of replicating any of these? 


If you're looking for something new, check out my recipes for pumpkin cheesecake trifle, chocolate scotcheroos, or raspberry thumbprint cookies.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...