SEARCH THE BLOG

Nov 9, 2011

Gumball Machine Candy Holder

Here is another project I stumbled across on Pinterest and had to try. 


All you need is a flower pot and saucer, a wooden ball (flat bottomed),
a glass bowl, and paint & ribbon.


I started by glueing the wooden ball in the center of the bottom of the saucer. 
I used E6000 glue. This was my first time using it and it's so great!
So many people rave about it and now I know what they're talking about. 
It's really strong and dries so much faster than Gorilla Glue. 


I painted the saucer and flower pot with two coats
of black acrylic paint from the dollar store. 
It looked a bit chalky so when it was dry I sprayed the pieces 
with a couple of coats of clear gloss sealer.
You have to be careful here not to spray it on too thick or it will run.



After everything had dried completely 
I glued the glass bowl to the bottom of the flower pot.
I then tied a burgundy ribbon around the base and that's it!


But then I ran into a problem.  No candy in the house. 
Not a bit.
So now what? 
Do I fill it with granola bars? Almonds? Dog Biscuits?

I settled on mini marshmallows.




I like the pop of colour against the solid black. 

This project was so easy and inexpensive. 
And the ribbon (or even the paint colour) can be changed
to give it a completely different look.

One last shot of the marshmallows. 


They make me smile.

~~~~~~~~~


20 comments:

Kyra said...

This is very cute. Another project to put on my list. Thanks for sharing!

Judy Bisaya said...

this is soo cute! great idea you have here.

Anonymous said...

this is a fantastic project! you are a crafty lady. so glad i found your blog. :)
ashley

www.ashleytrujillo.com

Barb @ Turtles and Tails said...

Thank you!

BKWilliams said...

Great idea! It would make a cute inexpensive and useful gift for a teacher or just about anyone on your Christmas list!

Kim @ Too Much Time said...

Um Hello! This is awesome!

Laura said...

I saw this pinned and loved it so made my own too. So cute and so easy.

Junk in their Trunk said...

I love this. I am going to have to go and make one of these. I would love it if you could link this up to our linky party going on right now.

http://junkintheirtrunk.blogspot.com/2011/11/link-it-up-wednesday-3.html

Chris said...

Hi Barb, what a fantastic job you did on the gumball machine. I love it. It would look great on a table filled with Christmas candy also. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

I am totally doing this! I've been wanting a candy dispenser lately but they are so pricy. I'd love you to add them to my link party at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

Laura @ digiartcafe.com said...

What a creative idea! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

No way! That is too too clever! Love it!! Thanks so much for sharing at Shine On Fridays; hope you'll join us again next week. Have a great holiday!

Jennifer said...

This is so cute!!Marshmallows and all! :)
Thanks for sharing at Show & Share!

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you!

BarbSteadman said...

Let me know how it turns out!

BarbSteadman said...

Let me know how yours turns out.

BarbSteadman said...

Thanks!

BarbSteadman said...

I'd love to see what you did.

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you!

BarbSteadman said...

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...