SEARCH THE BLOG

Oct 24, 2012

Catching Up with the Interwebs

I've been extremely lax in keeping up with the many, many blogs I follow. Between working on one big and one medium project (while planning another one that Tom won't let me start until the first ones are done),  and working at my real job an hour away, there just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day. Plus I find it hard to find the ambition when it's dark outside so early, how about you?

But I wanted to share with you some projects I have come across in the few minutes each day I get to take a peek around (usually during my lunch break).

I'm obsessed with pumpkins this year. Last year I made dryer vent pumpkins, but this year I've made spray painted pumpkins, tiny fabric pumpkins, burlap pumpkins - and I still have ideas for more. Unfortunately I never get around to taking pictures of any of them so you'll just have to trust me - they're really cute.


Someone who has had the time to make a pumpkin AND take a picture of it is Shannon at Sewing Barefoot. These sweater pumpkins are absolutely adorable. I love the twine curlicues and twig stem that give it that organic, could-easily-have-grown-there look.


~~~~~

I've been thinking about Christmas decorating as well. I love making ornaments. Especially pinecone ornaments. This awesome little pinecone is from Melanie at Bliss Bloom Blog. No one would ever accuse me of being girly, but I can definitely imagine several of these sweet lace ornaments on a Victorian Christmas tree strung with cranberries and tiny lights. I am definitely stealing this idea, Melanie!


~~~~~

Check out this dresser makeover from Tami at Curb Alert. It looks just like the Pottery Barn dresser she used for inspiration - maybe even better. I love the distressing - just around the edges. And the wicker baskets contrast so well with the black. And I love the unpainted top. I guess you could say I love the whole thing!


~~~~~

This just makes me laugh so much. Bethany at The Sepia Puppy and her husband do fun little experiments in their backyard with jell-o, guns, and a camera. Sounds scary, right? They call it High Speed Ballistic Art. You'll have to go to her site to get the details, but the images she's captured so far are amazing. When I told Tom about it he wanted to jump in the car, drive south, and help them out (with shooting the gun of course). If we still lived in the country I know he'd spend every weekend trying to do this.


~~~~~

How about we switch to food? I'm always up for a cookie break. These Reese's peanut butter chocolate chip cookies with pudding are from Kara at Creations by Kara. (Whew! That was a mouthful! Ha! Punny!) I've never heard of pudding cookies before, but I'm willing to give them a try if it makes them soft and chewy. And I love peanut butter cookies. Love.




Do you find there is never enough time to visit all the blogs you want to? There are so many fantastic ideas floating around out there - imagine if you could try them all?






4 comments:

Shannon said...

Thanks so much for sharing my sweater pumpkins :) I hope you have a great week!


Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

melanie said...

Hi Barb, Thanks for featuring my lace pinecone. I worried that it would look a little too old-fashioned with the lace... but since it's not ruffly, I think it kinda works! Have a great rest of the week!! ~Melanie @ blissbloomblog.com

BarbSteadman said...

I think it's perfect! I can't wait to make some of my own.

BarbSteadman said...

Thanks Shannon - I made myself a sweater pumpkin last night. Thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...