SEARCH THE BLOG

Nov 30, 2018

Handmade Ornaments

I'm guessing that you'll be putting up your Christmas tree soon, if you haven't already. I'm about 90% there - I'm hoping to finish it this weekend. My favourite ornaments are the ones that I've made over the years. They give me a glimpse of what was going on at that time in my life. Here are a few that I hang year after year. Click on a picture to go to the original post.


Pinecone Map Ornament

This ornament is made from paper leaves cut from a map of Honolulu. We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon and fell in love with the islands. I wanted an ornament to remember it by, just in case we didn't get a chance to see it again. (Spoiler: we've been back twice!)



Scrap Wood Tree Ornament

This one was made from scraps left over from the porch that Tom built for his parents. He always laughs at me when I scurry around collecting the end cuts before he can throw them out.



Musical Ornament

I call this the "Jingle Bell" Ornament. It's made of strips of sheet music mod podged onto a Styrofoam ball. I bought a book of sheet music from a used book store so that I would have plenty to work with (and the paper is thicker than printer paper).



Vacation Memory Ornament

Because there were more trips to Hawaii, I needed another way to commemorate them. I bought clear bulb ornaments, filled them with sand from a favourite beach (each ornament is different), plus a few shells, and a scrap of paper with the trip details. These ones are fun, but a bit heavy!






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...